Student achievement, attitude to learning, attendance and extra curricular participation is celebrated throughout the academic year.
Awarded to students that demonstrate the Academy values: integrity, respect, responsibility and optimism; recorded electronically on SIMS and in the students A2L (attitude to learning) planner.
Awarded to student in every lesson and form time that meet the expected standards and expectations in class. The teacher records this on SIMS and the student documents this in their A2L.
Awarded to students who produce work representing a high degree of effort and commitment on their part. The teacher records electronically on the SIMs system and in the student’s A2L planner.
What these lead to:
- Students are recognised for their attitude to learning
- Certificate for most House points in each house/year group.
- Recognition for 100% attendance and no late marks.
- Certificate for the form with highest credit, merit and house point totals.
- Certificate for best attending form.
- House points awarded for best house in each competition – credits, merits, and attendance.
- Student of the term awarded by Progress Leader and Form Tutor
- 100% attendance certificates and students entered into a raffle draw
- Student of the year awarded by the Progress Leader.
Alongside these rewards, there is regular monitoring of Attitude to Learning grades. Students with positive A2L will be rewarded – rewards include meeting with the Progress Leader/Headteacher/CEO of the City Learning Trust, special star ties and invitation to rewards trips and activities.