School Gateway is a parent portal accessible via smartphone app or website, that you can use to make payments online with debit or credit card or Bank Transfer.
Parents can download the School Gateway app for their smartphone or tablet from either:
Parents need to register for School Gateway with the same email address and mobile number that the school has stored in SIMS.
Once registered a parent will be sent a four-digit PIN which they will need to use to login. This PIN will be sent to the mobile number which they registered with.
What you need to do now
Activate your School Gateway account by following the instructions below. It’s quick and easy to do. All you need are your email address and mobile number that school holds on record for you.
Download the app: If you have a smartphone, please download School Gateway from your app store (Android and iPhone)
Visit the website: www.schoolgateway.com and click on ‘New User’. You’ll receive a text message with a PIN number. Use this PIN to log in to the School Gateway.
1. Search for “School Gateway” in the Apple App Store/Google Play or on your phone go to www.schoolgateway.com/apple (Apple) or www.schoolgateway.com/android (Android)
2. Install the app and if you are asked then say yes to “Allow Push Notifications”
3. When you launch School Gateway for the first time, please select ‘New User’ and enter the email address and mobile telephone number you have registered with the school
4. The system will send a PIN code to your phone; please enter this PIN code and the app will be activated for you.
As soon as you’ve got the system set-up, all of the text messages we send you will appear in the app; you’ll receive notifications/alerts as normal.
If you are having trouble logging in, it may be because the school doesn’t have your current email and mobile phone number on record. Please call the school and we’ll update the details on our system.
Parental Firefly Login
Parents now have access to the Firefly learning platform. This means that you can log in from a computer, tablet or smartphone and see information about your child’s progress at school.
To access your account for the first time:
- Go to http://trentham.fireflycloud.net
- Click on the green box, enter your email address (the one registered with school that we use to send you messages) and click Activate Account
- Check your email inbox (the registered parent account for the school) for a message from Firefly
- Follow the email instructions to login and create a password
- Click on your child’s name to access attendance / homework information
All homework tasks are now being set on Firefly – in many cases, as well as the description of the task, there will also be resources to help completion. Tasks set will have a code at the beginning to indicate what is expected of students:
- CLASS: This is an activity that will be taking place during lesson time
- EXT: This is an activity that will take place outside lesson time. It will be marked and feedback given to the student
- PREP: This is an activity that needs to be completed before the next lesson but will not be graded – for example, gathering materials to use in an Art lesson or finding a newspaper article for Geography
Most EXT tasks will be graded so that parents will know not only that work was completed, but also how well. These are on a 1-4 scale:
- Completed to deadline and at target level or better
- Completed to deadline and approaching target level
- Completed to deadline but not at an acceptable level
- Not completed
Other tasks such as quizzes will have an overall mark displayed.
If you have any queries about Firefly or can’t log in please email [email protected].